- The Musical Instrument Manufacturing and Maintenance Atelier of the Musicology Department was established at the Faculty of Fine Arts to manufacture, repair and maintain the department’s musical instruments. The atelier is used to teach (Free Instrument) course which equals 3 credit hours of the study plan.
- The atelier is the first of its kind in Palestine to officially teach and train students on maintaining and manufacturing the Oud.
- The course learners will be introduced to the process of manufacturing the Oud and the different types of wood which are used in manufacturing musical instruments and the Oud in particular.
- The Faculty of Fine Arts initiated the idea of manufacturing the Oud using olives wood in the Arab World.
- In 2004, the Musicology Department developed a new method in manufacturing the Oud’s neck.